The Furrow Trust
The Furrow Trust invites applications for the job of Office Administrator
(see below for details)
Closing date for applications 1 November 2021
Application letter and CV to be sent to the Editor at
The position involves the overall management and operation of all office administration in relation to the production, delivery and accounting of The Furrow Magazine (11 issues per annum), and reporting to The Furrow Editor.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management of the bespoke Subscriber Database; recording new and amending existing subscriber information and subscriptions type. Ensuring the accuracy of information from information and correspondence received.
- Managing all subscriber interactions, phone calls, emails and queries providing timely information on the subscriber base.
- Generating issuing and dispatch of the Renewal Statements for every month that renewal falls.
- Liaison with the Online subscriptions support Webmaster in reporting on numbers of online subscribers, transfer of existing subscribers, maintenance of listing of online subscribers
- Ensuring that online subscriptions payments are received into the bank and reconciled.
- Production of postal addressed wrappers for each issue in a timely and methodical manner for transfer over to Naas Printing in line with active subscriptions. Segregation of International, UK, EU, Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland for postal purposes.
- Ensuring that Issue contributors receive appropriate issues in hard copy.
- Management of all sales to Bookshops, including invoicing, debt collection, sale or return administration.
- Managing and progressing all administrative functions pertaining to the office, post, stationery, filing, processing all relevant needs requests for the efficient office operation.
- Recording of all income cheque receipts, receipts directly to bank in the Sales Ledger as prescribed.
- Recording of all purchase invoices, processing payments and maintaining the creditors ledger.
- Monthly Bank Reconciliations and recording of other bank transactions required in advance or resulting from reconciliations.
- Ensuring that online banking transactions are reflected both on incoming receipts and outgoing payments
- Ensuring the timely transferring of account books to Accountants for financial statement preparation, Audit, VAT and PAYE return purposes.
- Notification and preparation of The Furrow Trust meetings and any related work.
- Preparation and compilation of Periodic Indices of The Furrow contents for inclusion in certain issues and on the Website Index.
- Assisting the Editor on any matters concerning production of Issues, engagement with Naas Printing on drafts, communication or correspondence with Contributors as necessary.
- All other duties as needed or requested from time to time.
The successful person will have the following:
- Possess an excellent telephone manner and will be an articulate and effective communicator.
- Some third level education desirable and/or considerable administrative experience which involved customer service.
- Strong IT skills including MS Office.
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a unsupervised capacity.
- A working knowledge of bookkeeping; accounting for receipts and payments and bank reconciliations.
- Ability to liaise with people on all levels.
Hours – 35 Hour week
Flexitime – Core hours 9.30-4.30
Overtime – None – Time in Lieu
Location – Maynooth though some Working from Home may be facilitated as necessary
Holidays – 20 days plus any College Closures, i.e. Christmas
Pension- Access to PRSA
Salary Scale – €27,754 - €40,594 (11 points) Commensurate with experience